Senior Design Leader-Environmental Graphics & Experiential Design
ABOUT THE ROLE:
ID/Lab is looking for an experienced, innovative, senior level designer to lead a wide variety of environmental graphics, branded environment, and signage & wayfinding projects. You will be working with architecture, industrial, interior and graphic designers on projects such as corporate interiors, civic, urban, retail, healthcare, and education.
Your designs (and design direction) should be intelligent, functional and beautiful, so that they enhance the overall quality, experience and usability of the environments they are used in. This is an exciting opportunity to play a leading role in our organisation, and to put your creative and professional stamp on the work delivered.
The role is initially for a 6 months contract, with a view to permanency after a proven track record.
WHAT EXPERIENCE/SKILLS DO YOU NEED?
As the leader of our design team, you will have at least experience in the following areas:
- graphic, interior or architectural design
- development of 2D & 3D concepts
- presenting to, and discussing our solutions with clients
- leading and coaching the other designers in the team
- working collaboratively with clients in the development of solutions
You should also:
- have a minimum of 6 years experience in a similar environment (EGD / architecture)
- be a strong conceptual thinker
- have strong problem solving and decision making skills as well as a true passion for creative design – rounded in reality and usability
- have the ability to integrate branding and information into the built environment
- understand materials and manufacturing processes
- have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- be able to work well in a team environment
- be able and willing to delegate if required
- be able and willing to critique the work created, others’ as well as your own
- be able to argue your point of view without being attached to it
- have a positive attitude and a willingness to contribute to all areas of our company
BENEFITS & CULTURE:
- You will work on a wide variety of international projects (Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Middle East)
- Work in a great team, in a great office, in the centre of Chinatown
- A team environment in which all contributions are valued, critique is encouraged and accepted, and where work / life balance is of utmost importance
- Your work will directly influence people’s experiences and behaviour
- A salary fitting your experience and your contribution to the company.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email us (jobs [at] idlab.com.au) what you will contribute to our company, what your role is / has been in projects, what you did to make those projects successful.
We love working with people from different countries / cultures, but do only apply if you have the required VISA in place to work/live in Australia permanently.
Please do NOT apply if you do NOT have the required experience.
Applications close 7 April 2015
We shape behaviour in the built environment; we optimise how people experience a space, and how they navigate to and through it, by carefully orchestrating and designing processes, objects, space, information, communication, technology and people.
ID/Lab is its people. We are progressive, trusted, knowledgeable, collaborative, innovative, studious, honest, flexible, respectful, curious and determined, with a strong work / life balance.
Check out our website: www.idlab.com.au.