Wayfinding Designer – Senior
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION ARE NOW CLOSED
ID/Lab is seeking a wayfinding/signage designer for a lead position to work on large urban, health and infrastructure projects.
If you are experienced with the coordination and development of signage (hardware and graphic layout), environmental graphics and wayfinding strategies we are interested in getting to know you.
You will work in close collaboration with architects and landscape designers developing wayfinding strategies to shape user’s behaviours in large building projects and advise and lead the graphic and industrial design team to produce effective designed outcomes.
WHAT DO WE REQUIRE?
- Honours / Masters degree in Graphic Design, Architecture or Industrial Design
- 4+ years experience in a client facing role in a wayfinding firm
- Experience on large infrastructure, transport or urban wayfinding projects.
- Ability to advise and lead graphic and industrial designers as part of the projects you work on
- Ability to produce outcomes for functional and beautiful solutions
- Passion for the science of human behaviour
- Experience and understanding of user centred and information design
- 3D thinking: you are able to envision 3D spaces, both internal and external
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites
- Aptitude in Archicad, Revit or related programs a plus
- Ability to argue your point of view without being attached to it
- Positive attitude and a willingness to contribute to all areas of our company
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to present to clients
- Ability to develop client focussed design process and principles
- Ability to train / coach and manage junior staff
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- You will work on a wide variety of projects: health, cultural, education and urban related
- A team environment in which all contributions are valued, critique is encouraged and accepted, and where work / life balance is of utmost importance
- Your work will directly influence people’s behaviour in wayfinding and user experience
- Leading role in our projects
- A salary fitting your experience and your contribution to the company.
HOW TO APPLY
Email us (jobs [at] idlab.com.au) what you will contribute to our company, what your role is / has been in projects, what you did to make those projects successful. Applications close 30 April.